Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I WAS VEHEMENTLY OPPOSE OBAMACARE. THEN IT SAVED MY LIFE.

de:Jeff Jeans info@ofa.us
responder a:info@ofa.us
para:Paulo+Augusto Lacaz <sccbesme.humanidade@gmail.com>
data:22 de março de 2017 16:18
assunto:I vehemently opposed Obamacare. Then it saved my life.
enviado por:bounce.bluestatedigital.com
assinado por:ofa.us
Organizing for Action
Friend --

I was a lifelong Republican and worked on Ronald Reagan and George Bush's campaigns. My grandparents were even invited to Reagan's inauguration. I vehemently opposed Obamacare when it became law, as I recently shared during my question to Paul Ryan during a televised CNN Town Hall.


But then Obamacare saved my life.



I took a new job and moved my family across the country -- but due to a glitch, my employer was unable to offer health care coverage. I lost my voice and ignored it for quite some time, thinking it was an allergy. My voice never returned, and I was having difficulty breathing, so my wife made an appointment with the doctor. I was diagnosed with stage III, borderline stage IV vocal cord cancer, and I had no health insurance. We offered cash upfront to pay for my treatments but were denied over and over again. We had always assumed that if you had money that you could get treatment. We were wrong -- six weeks away from being dead wrong!



Although I had cancer, Obamacare gave me access to an insurance card, and I began receiving life-saving treatments the day my insurance plan took effect. I would be dead if it weren't for Obamacare, the same law I had so loathed.



People across the country have received life-saving care, thanks to Obamacare. But that isn't stopping the House from moving forward with a vote to repeal the law, tomorrow.






Now it is my time to give back and work on behalf of the legislation that saved my life, helping others to avoid the same pitfalls I had fallen into. Health care should not change with every new administration, and we should be able to rely on steady, affordable care with guaranteed patient protections.



Access to timely treatment, affordable medication, and regular doctor visits are essential for every American.



Obamacare allows people to take responsibility for themselves, purchase insurance, and pay for their own care. Repealing it with no adequate and immediate replacement will destabilize the health care market and leave millions of my fellow cancers survivors at risk in the future. Constant worry about having affordable care is an added stress that no patient needs.



After my experience gaining health care through the Affordable Care Act, I began a Facebook page called "Obamacare Saved My Life." It has given me the opportunity to meet thousands of others who are reliant on Obamacare for coverage -- and they are terrified about the future. My wife and I share that same anxiety, even though I've been cured of cancer and am one of the lucky ones. It would only take one incident of cancer, one heart attack, one stroke, one bad car wreck, or a bad fall to join the ranks of those labeled as "pre-existing." It only takes one test to show that you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure to be thrown into that group with us.



Americans now know what better health care is, and we should all demand it -- for the well-being of our citizens and our economy -- for America. Anything less is simply not an option.



If you agree, make your voice heard now:






Thanks, 



Jeff Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment